Did you buy a couch off Facebook Marketplace and are now worried about the possibility of bed bugs in furniture you own? Or maybe you recently traveled to a hotel and fear you brought them back with you? Regardless of the reasoning, it isn’t unrealistic to be concerned about bed bugs as the infestation numbers rise across the U.S. How can you tell if your home has been taken over by bed bugs?
These are common signs that bed bugs are present in your home:
- Visual confirmation: bed bugs are reddish-brown and are about the size of an apple seed.
- Cast skins: bed bugs shed translucent exoskeletons as they pass through the five stages of life.
- Fecal matter: bed bugs leave behind rust colored excrement typically found in seams of furniture, behind the headboard, the edges of carpet, or around electrical outlets.
- Musty smell: bed bugs smell like old socks when they communicate from one to another.
- Bite marks: red marks on your skin that itch and swell may be from a bed bug.
How Are Bed Bugs Different From Fleas?
Whether it’s bed bugs or fleas, neither is fun to have in your home. These insects get confused for one another because they are both reddish-brown, nocturnal, and ingest blood from a host. There are, however, distinguishable differences between the two.
Here are some of the main differences between bed bugs and fleas:
- Travel method: Bed bugs crawl while fleas tend to jump.
- Body shape: Bed bugs are flat while fleas are more spherical and have more height.
- Desired host: Bed bugs tend to feast on humans while fleas prefer other mammals.
- Bite results: Bed bugs can leave welts on the host and typically bite in a line while fleas leave small red bumps clustered in one place usually on the lower leg or ankle.
Level of danger: Bed bugs usually make you sick if you are allergic while fleas pass harmful pathogens and diseases.
NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE BED BUGS? REQUEST AN INSPECTION!
Our Thorough Bed Bug Removal Process
While bed bugs are annoying, they also pose a health risk for you and your loved ones. Getting them identified and treated by a professional as soon as possible is key. Miller Pest & Termite has expert bed bug exterminators that are QualityPro Certified so you know you’ll be treated by the best!
Here’s the process we use to ensure we remove all bed bugs from your home:
- First, we will complete a thorough bed bug inspection beginning at the bed and nightstand since these are the most likely hiding and harborage areas for bed bugs.
- We will continue to inspect all other furniture in the same room, checking the seams of each piece.
- Once we determine that bed bugs are indeed present, we’ll communicate your treatment options to you, as well as our recommendation for the best course of action.
- With your approval, we’ll safely treat the infected room for bed bugs.
- Once we treat your home, we’ll also place interceptors under or around each piece of furniture to detect if bed bugs come back.
- We’ll return two weeks later to inspect the interceptors for any more bed bugs, observe previous hot spots, and re-service if necessary.
- We’ll provide additional services every two weeks until no live bed bugs are present!
CONTACT US FOR AN INSPECTION
Guaranteed Protection with 90 Day Warranty
We know our knowledgeable and experienced technicians provide great service - and we’re so confident in that service, we want to prove it! We know how important it is for your home to be protected, which is why we offer a 90 day warranty for our bed bug treatments. If you continue to notice bed bugs in your home after we treat it, please do not hesitate to let us know. We promise to return and retreat your home until all bed bugs are all completely eliminated within 90 days of your initial service. Your safety and satisfaction is our top priority, and we’ll do everything we can to ensure our treatments work.
Areas We Provide Bed Bug Treatment
Miller Pest & Termite proudly offers our highly effective bed bug treatment in the greater Midwest -- including Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas. Some of the specific areas we offer services within these states include:
- Ames, IA Bed Bug Treatment
- Ankeny, IA Bed Bug Treatment
- Council Bluffs, IA Bed Bug Treatment
- Des Moines, IA Bed Bug Treatment
- Urbandale, IA Bed Bug Treatment
- Olathe, KS Bed Bug Treatment
- Overland Park, KS Bed Bug Treatment
- Blue Springs, MO Bed Bug Treatment
- Kansas City, MO Bed Bug Treatment
- Lee’s Summit, MO Bed Bug Treatment
- Bellevue, NE Bed Bug Treatment
- Omaha, NE Bed Bug Treatment
- And more!
CONTACT US TO SEE IF WE SERVICE YOUR AREA!