What do roof rats look like?
- Size: 6-8 in. long, not including the tail
- Color: Black or brown
- Body Structure: Roof rats have slender bodies with smooth hair, large eyes and ears, and pointed snouts. Their tails are longer than their heads and bodies combined.
Characteristics of roof rats
Roof rats reach maturity at four months and can produce 4-6 litters of offspring each year. The average lifespan of a roof rat is 12 months.
Roof rats are also characterized by their social hierarchy, where dominant males breed more frequently, and subordinates are relegated to scavenging for food.
When are roof rats commonly active?
Ongoing Home Pest Control Recommendation
Our signature Miller Guard pest control plan is designed to eliminate and prevent insect and rodent problems by targeting pest entry and exit points for maximum effectiveness. It includes an initial premium interior application, exterior applications, web removal, and wasp nest removal.
- Service Every Other Month*
- 29 Pests & Services Covered
- Initial Premium Interior Application
- Exterior Applications
- Insect & Rodent Control
- Year-Round Protection
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Get Help Now!